Didn’t find what you were looking for? We’ve compiled a list of useful websites that might help!
Government & Industry Websites
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- NS Department of Agriculture – Regional Offices
- NS Department of Agriculture – Financial Services and Funding Programs
- Nova Scotia Environment (NSE)
- NS Environment – Regional offices
- NS Department of Natural Resources – Significant Habitat and Wetlands Map
- NS Department of Natural Resources – burning restrictions
- NS Department of Natural Resources – wildlife and biodiversity
- NS Department of Natural Resources – Field Office Directory
Guidelines & Regulations
Special Interest Groups
Agri-Environmental Program (AEP) webinar series:
- Soil Health with Dr. David Burton
- Earthen Manure Storage Systems with Steve Brogan, PhD, PEng
- Supporting Wild Bees with Dr. Nancy McLean
Bringing Farmland Back into production series (5-10 min YouTube videos):
We have a variety of equipment and supplies available for you. If you’re interested in a piece of equipment, please contact the EFP office to arrange details. (902) 893-2293.
Equipment available to borrow includes:
- soil sample probes
- crop residue kit
- wind speed monitors
Supplies available free of charge:
- Chemical Warning signs
- sprayer calibration bottles
- sharps containers
Contact us if you are interested in any equipment or supplies!
Tile Drainage Maps
Tile drainage plans from 1940 to 1995 available
The Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture installed clay tiles in farmland with a trencher from 1940 to 1964. We also have found and organized additional plans from 1965 to 1995, making over 1600 site plans available. We have a list of plans filed by County below.
If you would like to see if your farm was involved and would like these plans, please call the Federation office at 893-2293 or email email@example.com. We will need to know your name and the roll number that is displayed beside your name. If the roll # indicates, “File”, then we can mail these plans to the address you provide. Otherwise, due to the fragile state of some of the plans (in the rolls), the Federation will not be mailing the plans – we are suggesting you make arrangements to pick them up.
The list is sorted by County, click on your County link – all names are listed alphabetically by last name (or by farm name)
New additions to this list on June 5, 2013 are shaded in grey New additions to this list on September 17, 2013 are highlighted in yellow and these plans can be mailed to you.